Undergraduate Workshop on Public Sector Information Strategy and Management
Sponsored by Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy and the Center for Technology in Government
Friday, April 8, 2011, 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Location: CTG, 187 Wolf Road, Suite 301, Albany, NY 12205
UAlbany faculty, graduate students and alumni all made major contributions at the 4th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance (ICEGOV2010), which took place in Beijing, China this past November.
We invite UAlbany juniors and seniors to an afternoon workshop to explore careers or graduate studies in the use of information and technology in the public and nonprofit sectors. The program will give the students a look at topics, issues, and initiatives in this increasingly important domain as well as the opportunity to meet and talk with accomplished practitioners, recent UAlbany graduates, and current MPA students specializing in information strategy and management (ISM).
- Current MPA students and recent graduates from the ISM specialization
- Government managers from NYS and local governments
- Research directions in information strategy and management
- Rockefeller College MPA program overview
- Informal discussion among all participants and speakers
- Prof. Rey Koslowski, Political Science
- Prof. Sharon Dawes, Public Administration and CTG
- Prof. Theresa Pardo, Public Administration and CTG
- Prof. Yvonne Harrison, Public Administration
- Dr. Moses Kamya, Chief Information Officer, NYS Governor’s Office of Employee Relations
If you need transportation, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org