Ashish was a research assistant at CTG UAlbany before becoming a software engineer at Fidelity Investments in Boston in mid-2018.
During his time in Albany, he worked on a number of projects, including:
Responsible for developing modules for the Electronics Record Management System(ERMS), which is an Online File Management Portal for local governments, storing and securing sevral Gigabytes of data.
• Setting up local/remote environment, providing L3 Support Analyze Log’s, implementing multi Maven module build, AspectJ integration for transaction controlling.
• Developing user interface with additional functionalities.Reverse Engineering Existing System for Updates and maintenance.
• Environment: Java/J2EE, Spring-MySQL, Maven, AspectJ, JPA, Hibernate, Querydsl, jQuery, Apache Solr, Zimbra
• Integrated a static filter to the search functionality of the ERMS, increasing its usability by 30%.
• Reconstructed the New Folder functionality, that now allows a user to choose a template directory structure for the ERMS.
Lead the Migration of Content Management System, a website creation tool (like WordPress), from Catalyst (Perl MVC) to MEAN.
• Setup local environment of the existing system in Eclipse, incorporate code changes, update documentation, Redesign the HTML based UI using Angular JS, migrate data to MongoDB.
• Environment: Mongo DB, Express.js, Angular JS, Node.js, Perl MVC, HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery
• Successfully incorporated the design changes, required by the client, that resulted in a 15% bonus to the organization.
What brought you to the Center for Technology in Government?
The exciting opportunity to learn top level web back end technologies and further follow my passion to become an experienced web developer are what led me to CTG.
What did you do prior to coming to CTG?
Before joining CTG, I was a Web Developer at GivDapps, where my responsibilities were to design and develop mobile apps and websites per client requirements.
What are your plans/goals for the future?
In the future, I would like to work in the gaming industry as a Game Developer/Programmer.
How can CTG help you reach your goal for the future?
Getting to learn more about backend web technologies, including Spring MVC, Hibernate, and experiencing challenges of senior level developer, are not only expanding my skill set, but are also helping me acquire more self-motivation.
M.S., Computer Science, University at Albany, SUNY, 2018
B.A., Computer Engineering, University of Mumbai