CTG Web News Volume XIV, Issue 4
Sent: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:07:00 EST
WEBINAR | Designing Social Media Policy for Government: Eight Essential Elements
Tuesday, April 12th, 2 p.m.
Join CTG's Jana Hrdinová and H. Giovanni Carnaroli from the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) for a free webinar designed for government professionals interested in learning how to draft a social media policy for their organization. Anyone from federal, state, or local government can participate. The Webinar is being sponsored by the US General Service Administration's Office of Citizen Services & Innovative Technologies and the Federal Web Managers Council.
This webinar will focus on CTG's report describing the eight essential elements for a government social media policy and how it has been used by USDOT to draft their newly released policy.
What You'll Learn:
- The importance of having a social media policy
- Differences between personal, professional, and agency use of social media
- The essential elements of government social media policy
- Structuring a policy-drafting process for your agency
- The importance of involving key stakeholders in the policy drafting process