- Open Government Data
- Government Data Utility and Security Technology & Standards
- E-Government and Emergency Management Information Platform Infrastructure
- Network Public Opinion Monitoring and Early Warning on Big Data
- Smart City and Resilient City
- Simulation-based Learning Environment
Dr. Yumei Chen is an Associate Professor at the School of Public Administration and Emergency Management at Jinan University, one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in China. She is also the Director of the Center for Government Open Data and Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship at Jinan University. She holds a PhD in Management Information Systems from the School of Business, Macau Science and Technology University. From 2010 through 2015, she was a researcher at the Emergency Management Center at Jinan University.
Dr. Chen has nearly 15 years of software development experience in three outstanding IT companies from 1996 to 2010. She worked at Apple Computer International Co. Ltd. from 1996 to 1998 as a project management engineer and tester, focusing on Mac OS localization. She then worked at Founder Computer System Co. Ltd. of Peking University Founder Group Corp in 1999 as a marketing and product manager for nearly 4 years. She joined Guangdong TOONE Technology Co., Ltd. in 2002 as marketing director and assistant-CEO, during which she founded a software company, Guangzhou TOONE Software Co., Ltd. in 2007 and acted as General Manager until 2010, focusing on information system consulting and development for governments.
Dr. Chen was a year-long Visiting Scholar at CTG during 2015-2016. Currently, she is conducting research as well as software development on e-Government information systems and emergency management information systems with emphasis on information sharing among external organizations and open data to public.
- Ph.D., Management (Information Systems), School of Business, Macau University of Science & Technology (MUST), Macau, 2009
- M.S. Engineering (Computer Aided Design), HuaZhong University of Science & Technology (HUST), Wuhan, China, 1996
- B.A. Engineering (Mechanical Design), Xiangtan University, China, 1993
- Post-doctoral, Center for Emergency Management, Jinan University, June 2010-March 2013
- Visiting Scholar, Center for Technology in Government, University at Albany, July 2015-July 2016
Other Academic Experience: