J. Ignacio Criado
- Public innovation
- Social media & public administration
- Open government
- Inter-organizational collaboration & interoperability
- Europeanisation of electronic government policy
- Digital divide and electronic government demand
J. Ignacio Criado is an associate professor in the Department of Political Science and International Relations at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in Spain. He has been a visiting researcher in different international institutions including Monash University, University of Manchester, London School of Economics, and the European Institute of Public Administration. He has also been a visiting fellow at Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, and a postdoctoral visiting scholar at the Center for Technology in Government at the University at Albany.
Ignacio's academic record includes diverse books, chapters, and journal articles; he is the author or co-author of articles published in Government Information Quarterly, Social Science Computer Review, Information Polity, International Journal of Electronic Governance, Internacional Journal of Public Sector Management, Gestión y Política Pública, Revista de Estudios Políticos, Revista Internacional de Sociología, Innovar, Revista de Ciencias Administrativas y Sociales or Reforma y Democracia. He has collaborated in training courses and delivered consultancy projects for diverse international organizations, including the Latin American Center for Developing Administration (CLAD), UNESCO, the Ibero-American Youth Organization, Google Spain, INAP, AEVAL and other public organizations at different levels of government. Additionally, Ignacio has been an evaluator of the European Awards for e-Government of the European Commission, and author of the Ibero-American Interoperability Framework. He is co-founder of NovaGob and Director of NovaGob.Lab, the first Governance Lab for Public Innovation in Spain.
- Ph.D. Political Science & Public Administration, Ortega and Gasset Institute and Universidad Complutense de Madridu, Madrid, 2009.
- M.A. Government & Public Administration, Ortega and Gasset Institute and Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 2002.
- B.A. Political Science & Public Administration, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 2000.
- Post-doctoral, Center for Emergency Management, Jinan University, June 2010-March 2013
- Visiting Scholar, Center for Technology in Government, University at Albany, July 2015-July 2016
Other Academic Experience: